Women's Leadership Council
The Women’s Leadership Council is the TGH Foundation’s initiative to engage women who want to become more involved with TGH and who want to make a greater impact with their philanthropic support of the hospital. The purpose of the Women’s Leadership Council is to inspire women to use their power as philanthropists to improve and advance the health care provided to our patients at Tampa General Hospital. Members contribute $1,000 annually and the collective funds are allocated to programs or projects selected by the membership. At the third (last) meeting of the year, members vote on how the funds are used. All funds go toward the projects, not toward any administrative expenses. Membership Benefits:
- By pooling their funds together, the women as a group can create a greater impact with their contribution, than each would make individually.
- The Women’s Leadership Council provides a unique opportunity for women to become involved and learn more about TGH and network with each other.
Membership is open and renewable annually. At the October 2014 meeting, 10 funding requests were presented to the membership for the $95,000 that was available. The members voted to fund the following projects:
- Two bladder scanners – one for Rehab Nursing, and one for Specialty Surgery
- A vascular ultrasound for the Adult Dialysis and Apheresis Unit
- Three Bilicheck machines (for detecting jaundice in infants) for Ante/Post-Partum, Neonatal ICU, and the Transition Nursery
- Five ultrasounds for vein identification – one for each of the TGMG family care locations
Additionally, members of the Council made generous donations to fund a vein Illuminator for the Transplant Unit and 31 bedside tray tables for Acute Care for the Elderly. As you can see from the list of funded projects, our members are able to impact thousands of patients and their families each year. We invite you to share in making a real difference in the lives of our patients by joining the Women’s Leadership Council. PNC Bank is the Corporate Sponsor of the Women’s Leadership Council and their generous support allows every dollar contributed by the membership to go towards funding projects. For more information on the Women’s Leadership Council, please call 844-3528 - or join now by selecting Women’s Leadership Council in the Gift Designation dropdown menu.