Rehabilitation Equipment and Technology Fund
TGH Rehabilitation Inpatient Services
TGH Rehabilitation Center’s acute inpatient rehabilitation program helps more than 1,000 patients each year who have experienced an injury or illness. Our mission is to provide hope and guidance along the path to recovery and to restore as much independence as possible through compassionate care, specialized techniques and new advances in treatment.
Patients typically referred to the acute inpatient rehabilitation program have:
- experienced a stroke
- a neurological disorder
- a brain injury
- a spinal cord disorder/injury
- experienced an amputation
- multiple injuries due to trauma
- certain orthopedic conditions, such as joint replacements
We want to offer our patients every opportunity possible. Your support will allow us to upgrade the TGH Rehabilitation Center’s current equipment and purchase new state-of-the-art equipment. Your support to the Rehabilitation Equipment and Technology Fund helps:
- expedite the recovery process with state-of-the art equipment for TGH patients.
- give patients greater confidence in their recovery by reducing their fear of falling and providing more “real-life” scenarios that may be too risky to practice.
- impact a wider variety of conditions including: cerebral palsy, stroke, traumatic brain injury, amputation, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury.
- allow children and adults who are disabled and/or use a wheelchair to participate in walking and stretching exercises the future.
One of our patients, Larry Higgins, tells his story here:
Donate to the Rehabilitation Equipment and Technology in the Gift Designation dropdown menu. For information on how you can help these patients and their families, please contact the TGH Foundation office at (813) 844-8217.