Third Party Fundraisers
Thank you for your interest in holding/hosting a fundraising event for the Tampa General Hospital Foundation (TGH Foundation). We appreciate your support and ask that you follow these guidelines as you carry out a fundraising event or promotion to benefit Tampa General Hospital. Please note that all fundraising activities that involve use of the TGH Foundation name or the TGH Foundation trademarked logo MUST BE REVIEWED AND APPROVED IN ADVANCE.
How we can help with your fundraising activity
We want your fundraising activity to be successful and will do what we can to help you, including:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Provide permission to use the TGH Foundation’s name and logo upon review and approval of publicity
- Assist in designating your contribution to a specific area of interest such as research, equipment or a medical program that has special meaning for you or your company
- Promote on website and Facebook
- An application must be completed and submitted to the TGHF no less than 8 weeks prior to the proposed fundraising activity. Approval will be granted on a per event/promotion basis. Applicants must reapply annually for approval.
- We reserve the right to deny any application for a fundraising activity that does not complement the mission of, or project a positive image of Tampa General Hospital or the TGH Foundation.
- All publicity must be approved by the TGH Foundation prior to distribution. Copies of publicity may be submitted to TGH Foundation, P. O. Box 1289, Tampa, FL 33601-1289 or Ccullen@tgh.org.
- Publicity may not imply that the event is sponsored or co-sponsored by TGH, TGH Foundation or that the Hospital and/or the Foundation is involved as anything but the beneficiary. List the event name followed by “…benefiting Tampa General Hospital Foundation.”
- The public should be informed how the TGH Foundation will benefit from the event or promotion. If the TGH Foundation will not receive all of the proceeds, then the exact percentage that benefits the Foundation must be stated clearly on all related publicity.
- The preference is that TGH Foundation receive at least 50% of the proceeds from the events benefitting our charity. Exceptions may be made on a case by cases basis if the other beneficiaries have similar missions.
- Proceeds must be received by the TGH Foundation within 30 days of the fundraising event or campaign.
- Solicitation of businesses involving the direct or implied use of the TGH Foundation name or logo must be approved in advance by the Foundation. Please understand that many companies are already supporting the Foundation and may not wish to make additional donations.
- The TGH or TGH Foundation’s legal counsel reserves the right to review all related contracts and service agreements. No contracts or service agreements that mention TGH or TGH Foundation should be signed before this review is complete.
- The TGH Foundation will not be involved in any manner with liquor permits including the use of our name.
- The TGH Foundation and all related entities are not liable for any injuries sustained by event volunteers or participants related to an event benefiting the Foundation, and cannot assume any type of liability for your event.
- Because the TGH Foundation resources (staff, marketing, etc.) are subject to budgetary constraints, we are unable to provide unlimited support for all fundraising activities that benefit the Foundation. We cannot, for example:
- provide on-site staff or volunteers at fundraising events
- extend our tax exemption to you
- provide giveaways or prizes for silent auctions
- solicit sponsorship revenue for the event
- share Foundation mailing list, including donors, physicians, employees, volunteers or vendors
- provide insurance coverage
- provide funding or reimbursement for expenses
- guarantee attendance of staff, physicians or patients at the event or check presentations
- To protect the Foundation, there are some activities that cannot be approved, including those that:
- involve a professional fundraiser, telemarketer and/or involve an agreement to raise funds on a commission, bonus, or percentage basis
- request names and/or stories on TGH patients for use in promoting or during the event
- require Hospital endorsement of a product, service or Hospital participation in the direct sale of a product or service
- compete or conflict with an already established or scheduled event to benefit the TGH Foundation
- fail to comply with any municipal, county, state and/or federal law
- involve promotion of a political party, candidate, or appear to endorse a political issue(s)