Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
At Tampa General Hospital, our priority is the safety of our team members, physicians, patients and visitors. With news of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and confirmed cases in the Tampa Bay area, we understand patients and visitors may be anxious. Tampa General Hospital is closely monitoring the situation and is following all recommendations provided by our local and state departments of health.
As a leading academic health system, we regularly treat patients with infectious diseases and complex illnesses and adhere to rigorous infection-prevention protocols.
In the News
- Tampa General Hospital develops in-house coronavirus testing
- As Tampa Bay hospitals brace for coronavirus, here’s what you’ll face in the ER
- Is it coronavirus or the flu?
- How to self-quarantine during the coronavirus outbreak
- How we can protect the most vulnerable from coronavirus
- Hospital Tap AI to Help Manage Coronavirus Outbreak
- Tampa General Hospital Confirms Team Members Test Positive for COVID-19; Employees Are Home Under Self-Isolation
COVID-19 is a rapidly changing, global health issue. Access the latest information from the following organizations: